Scratch Made Beet Ravioli Filled with Montys Nut Cheese
Homemade pasta is SO simple and delicious, that the few extra steps, time and energy spent making it are well worth the effort! Not to mention, it is the perfect vehicle for nut cheese!
Beet Ravioli *
2 cup All Purpose flour
¾ cup whole wheat pastry
¾ cup beet juice
- Place flours in food processor and pulse to combine.
- Slowly add beet juice until fully combined. Dough should be slightly sticky, but workable.
- Remove from processor and divide dough into 2. Cover and let rest for 8-10 minutes.
- Generously flour your working surface and place rested dough on top. Roll out using a rolling pin to approximately ¼ in thick.
- Cut in desired pasta shapes—I used a round pastry cutter for ravioli.
*adapted from minimalistbaker.com
Cashew Cheese Filling:
1 cup Montys Nut Cheese Base
2 T nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp truffle oil
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl until well incorporated.
Assembly + Cooking:
- Scoop 1 tsp of cashew cheese filling in the center of half of your pasta circles
- Place an additional piece of pasta on top of the cheese filling.
- Use a fork to crimp edges of the pasta together to secure closure.
- To cook, prepare a large pot of boiling water with a generous amount of salt—it should taste like the ocean! Place the fresh pasta in the boiling water and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Enjoy with sauce of choice, EVOO, more cheese…anything your heart desires!