My favorite plant-based muffin recipe to prep on Sundays for breakfast + snacks throughout the week. I prefer to sweeten with whole foods, like banana + date sugar—typically just dehydrated dates, but good to check! They are also a great canvas for adding nutrient dense superfoods of your choice—I like adding spirulina + activated charcoal!
Yield: 12 miniature cupcakes
1⁄2 cup coconut oil
½ cup date sugar ( OR sub 1 additional banana)
flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flax seed, 3 tablespoons water)
1⁄2 cup mashed ripe bananas (approx. 1 banana)
3⁄4 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
2 1⁄2 tablespoons almond milk
1⁄4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons Matcha Powder (OR SUB 1 Tbsp Spirulina OR Activated Charcoal)
1⁄2 banana, cut in thin rounds for topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Cream coconut oil and sugar together in stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add flax egg and mashed banana, mixing thoroughly.
- Sift and whisk dry ingredients together in bowl; add to coconut oil and flax egg mixture in mixer. 4. Whisk to combine almond milk, vinegar, and vanilla and Matcha Powder; add mixture to batter in mixer.
- Fill cupcake liners using ice cream scoop, filling 1⁄2 – 2/3 full. Top with slice of banana.
- Cook for 15- 20 minutes. Check doneness by with toothpick in center—it should come out clean.
ENJOY WITH A SLATHER OF SPROUTED NUT BUTTER.