Paleo, Vegan, Satisfying Breakfast staple that energizes you with only the good stuff. This banana-only sweetened loaf is made with almond flour, my go-to for paleo (low carb) and gluten-free baking.
Yield: 1 mini 6×10 in. Loaf
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup cashew butter
1/2 cup blueberries
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1 banana (mashed)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 T flax
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream cashew butter, vanilla and banana together in a standing mixer until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet in standing mixer, until completely incorporated. Add blueberries last and mix for a few seconds, so they do not break in the batter.
- Lightly grease baking dish with coconut oil. Pour in batter.
- Optional: Top with an additional 1 TBSP of almond flour + 1 TBSP of ground flax for a textured crumb.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Check doneness by with toothpick in center—it should come out clean.
ENJOY WITH A SLATHER OF SPROUTED NUT BUTTER.